Throughout the years, many persons have expressed their desire to learn more about God’s Word, to catch the flame of truth that is consistently taught here, at GITS. However, they are obstacled by various things, distance, lack of free time, and the inability to leave ministry or family to study in GITS campus.
Sympathizing with these people, and acknowledging the great need for Scriptural exposition of God’s Word among Christians in Indonesia, many of whom do not have the benefit of GITS campus in their neighbourhood, GITS have launched the GITS Extension Program. GITS Extension Program offers quality theological, historical, and biblical classes to those who cannot attend on-campus classes.
The Extension Program classes are DVDs of actual classes on campus. The classes are in Bahasa Indonesia. Those who take the extension classes can “follow” the class along, can hear and see the professor and partake in the discussions that may occur in the classroom. This is almost like being personally in the classroom.
The Extension Program is aimed at:
- Those who only want to deepen their knowledge of God’s Word
- Those who cannot stay very long in GITS campus, and want to shorten their campus studies
In order to maintain academic excellence, currently, a person cannot complete a GITS Degree Program only by Extension. At least 30% of credit hour must be done in campus. For further information about the GITS Extension Program, its cost, availability of classes, and technical issues, please download the following PDF file.
Current Available Classes
- Soteriology by Dr. Suhento Liauw (3 credits)
- Bibliology by Dr. Suhento Liauw (3 credits)
- Ecclesiology by Dr. Suhento Liauw (3 credits)
- Contemporary Theology by Dr. Suhento Liauw (2 credits)
- Child Management by Dr. Suhento Liauw (2 credits)
- Exegesis of Exodus by Dr. Suhento Liauw (3 credits)
- Exegesis of Genesis by Dr. Steven E. Liauw (3 credits)
- Exegesis of 1 Corinthians by Dr. Steven E. Liauw (3 credits)
- Exegesis of Revelation by Dr. Steven E. Liauw (3 credits)
- Textual Bibliology by Dr. Steven E. Liauw (3 credits)
- Archeology 1 by Dr. Steven E. Liauw (2 credits)
- Baptist History 1 by Kurnia Kristanto, S.Th. (2 credits)
- Baptist History 2 by Kurnia Kristanto, S.Th. (2 credits)
- Survey of Doctrines by Chandra Johan, M.B.S. (3 credits)
Download the PDF above to see more classes available